TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - PS >>>. I bought the yellow 240z in my sig at an estate sale
People Seeking Info

Subject PS >>>. I bought the yellow 240z in my sig at an estate sale

Posted by ConVerTT on May 01, 2017 at 10:17 AM
  This message has been viewed 556 times.

In Reply To We need YOUR help. posted by Jason300zxTT on April 28, 2017 at 12:01 PM

Message Let me tell you about it.

It had been totally redone ground up in the gorgeous early 80's corvette yellow that you see on the hood. The car was mint. 280Z engine, professionally tuned triple webers, new interior, the works. The paint job was $8000 in 1984 for reference. I have all the receipts. The owner kept a meticulously detailed file.

The owner died suddenly in an industrial accident. As such, without a will, the car sat in probate for three years. The family, needing garage space, eventually parked the car outside along the edge of the driveway. Time passed, grass grew, the car started to rot from the ground up (hence the brown door that I have on the car now). Car still runs but all the suspension, floors, rockers, doors will need to be re-done.

The family will miss their husband, father. The car will serve as a placebo for a while...then it will get most likely get kicked to the curb. Especially if Dad didn't build it or the family didn't help.

Sorry kids. But those are the facts of life.

ConVerTT - 93 Hi Compression TT Convertible (black)
XtraVerTT - 93 Hi Compression TT Convertible (glacier white)
SlickTTop - 96 OBD1 TT Slicktop (black)
Old Yeller - 90 Slicktop NA (PGY)

And their hot Asian Cousin - 01 Acura NSX NA

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.